Norwegian Operations Expansion Pack

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

November News Update

Time for a news update from the one-man NorOps team (I assume that there's at least no need to specify which of us is doing the writing!).

First of all, some bad news. Some time ago, I managed to somehow mess up my installation of Silent Hunter III (I believe a failure to rollback SH3 Commander was involved) and, when uninstalling, managed to accidentally delete everything I had added around Oslo, from the new cities and ports to the Battle of Drobak Sound. This provided me with quite a bit of frustration, a lesson to always back-up my work, and the decision to, quite frankly, screw the capital city for the the time being in favor of my hometown of Bergen (c'mon, where else?).

So currently, the area around my beloved and beautiful hometown now features six forts (with more to be added) and several new village names on the map. It will also soon be the site of a scripted German invasion, complete with accurate fighting and the sinking of the K-Class ship Königsberg. What a lucky little town!

Before NorOps (Grey Wolves 1,1a):

With NorOps (work-in-progress, more elements awaiting addition):

Second off, SH3 Commander users will be glad to hear I'm experimenting with adding Norway-related content to the program's immersion-building files, namely the nightclub and loading screen news bulletins! This means that when NorOps is released, a separate install will be available to 'Commander users operating out of Norway. The result - well, see below (the loading screen, although I like it, is probably is not there to stay):


The very last bit of news for now is that two great people at the SubSim site, Seth and danlisa, have been kind enough to sit down and make me some terrific-looking winter skins for use during those freezing Arctic patrols. The in-game result, illuminated in all her beauty, can be seen below. Thanks a lot to the both of you for making future winter patrols a tad bit easier!


That'd be all for this time. See you around the blog and SubSim forums!

All screen-shots depict a work-in-progress and are thus subject to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home